These days our Wildflower Farms and Garden Apothecary team is working hard - and needing all. the. snacks.
Here is Vanessa's recipe for Vegan Chamomile Lemon bars - with chamomile fresh from our farm. After a difficult few years in severe drought, covid and wildfires, farming has never been harder... which makes these bars taste even sweeter.
Hot tip: Pour a cup of iced cold Lavender Lemonade to sip on before, during and after baking!
Vegan Chamomile Lemon Bars
- 1/2 cup sugar of choice (I like to use coconut sugar or organic cane sugar)
- 4-6 tsp organic lemon zest
- 1 cup vegan butter
- 4 tsp ground dried chamomile
- 2 cups & 2 tbsp einkorn flour or any all purpose flour
Lemon “Curd” Filling:
- 1/3 cup lemon juice (fresh)
- 1 oz strongly brewed chamomile tea
(cooled to room temperature)
- 3.5 tbsp organic lemon zest
- 1 package of extra firm silken tofu (around 12.3 oz)
- 3/4 cup sugar of choice
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar (optional)
- 2.5 tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot powder
Preheat oven to 375F. Whip butter with a hand-mixer and begin to incorporate zest, sugar, dried chamomile and lastly, the flour. Press into a 12x10 baking pan and bake for 10-15 mins. While to crust bakes, begin to make the filling. Blend lemon filling ingredients in a high speed blender until fully combined and set aside. Once crust is completely cooled, pour filling into the baking pan and bake for 20-25 minutes (the filling will no longer wiggle).
Let cool to room temperature before placing in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!
- 1 cup lemon juice (fresh)
- 6 cups of water
- sweetener of choice (e.g. agave syrup or coconut sugar)
Brew 5-6 cups of lavender tea and let cool completely. Stir in lemon juice and sweetener to taste. Serve over ice, take a sip and relax
. To store with the utmost freshness, use our violet glass bottle